Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Chronic Lack of Network  (Read 2205 times)

Megan514

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Chronic Lack of Network
    « on: September 18, 2014, 04:44:21 PM »
    Hey guys, I have an Acer Aspire running Windows 8 that for the past six months or so has been doing this really weird thing with my home network. I'll just be doing whatever and I'll suddenly lose connection. (Sort of, the network center says "Limited Access," but I can't actually connect to anything." Anywhere from a couple seconds from a couple minutes later, I'll get it back. This happens roughly every five to twenty minutes. This is the only computer out of five on my home network that is doing this, and it's also the only one running 8. Anywhere outside of my HN I can connect. I've tried disabling all of the power-saving options, reformatting the disk, even signing up with a new internet provider. Absolutely nothing has worked. I feel like this could potentially be a very simple solution, but I haven't found any other problems like this yet and I'm not exactly an expert in networking. If you could offer any help I would really appreciate it.