Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can my D-Link DSL 2750U double / also act as a PCI adapter to give Wireless Conn  (Read 2535 times)

logamuthu

Topic Starter

Rookie

I have the following presently:

1. an IBM R51 Laptop running Windows XP Professional SP3(32 bit?),

2. A Dell Alienware Aurora ALX running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and

3.A Dell Inspiron All In One 2020 running Windows 7 Home Basic 32 bit.

All were connected by Ethernet cables via a Wireless Modem given by my Internet Service

Provider - BSNL - Bharath Sanchar Nigham Limited and were working OK.

When the BSNL modem breathed its last and BSNL had no spares to give, I bought a new D

Link Wireless 300ADSL2+Router DSL-2750 and connected it to all 3 PCs with Ethernet cables

as before.

Now my Laptop works both ways - wireless and Ethernet but my Desktops, of course, don't

connect wireless.

Can I configure my new D Link Wireless 300ADSL2+Router DSL-2750double as a USB Wifi Adapter or should I buy a new USB Wifi Adapter- N Wireless also - If so, which brand
    Belkin or Netgear? My local Electronics shop has only Netgear Product available at Rs.740/- (around US$13).

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    You should buy a USB wifi adapter if you prefer to go wireless with your desktop. The Netgear would be commendable. The DLink router acts as your access point to any compatible wifi devices.