Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sony Vaio model PCG-6122 wont connect to iternet  (Read 2741 times)

dreux

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Sony Vaio model PCG-6122 wont connect to iternet
    « on: May 26, 2015, 12:22:07 AM »
    I have recently been given a very old laptop (Sony Vaio model PCG-6122). It hasn't been used in 10 years and I'm trying to restore it. Unfortunately I don't know much about computers and google/youtube hast given me much help.

My internet is through ATT U-verse. The modem doubles as a wireless router. The laptop came with a Linksys Wireless-G Network adapter (with speedBooster). Model No.: WPC54Gs

The adapter is installed and it is sensing the modem. When I enter the passcode and try to connect, nothing happens.

I cant find much about this computer online. Im sure Im just not looking properly. I need help. Please help me get this computer online, I would greatly appreciate it.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Sony Vaio model PCG-6122 wont connect to iternet
    « Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 07:59:00 AM »
    Are you using the actual Linksys Driver with this card or default that windows chose to use?

What level of security does your wifi have and is MAC filtering enabled on wireless router?

Have you tested this with wired connection at all via Cat5 to make sure that the computer otherwise has no problems connecting online once a healthy internet connection is established?