Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why is it saying server not found?  (Read 2763 times)

wolfman

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Why is it saying server not found?
    « on: March 24, 2016, 10:33:29 AM »
    When clicking on Firefox, it says server not found, if I click on IE it says not connected to network. We just replaced the AT&T modem because last one fried. If I manually turn off computer at tower and reboot it will usually work but not for long. The wifi works fine with our hand held devices so I know AT&T won't help. No issues with previous modem, I didn't change anything with the connections or the computer itself. Any ideas on how to resolve or troubleshoot this? Running windows 7 on a hp

Rustys

Intermediate

• Escaped Mental Patient
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Why is it saying server not found?
    « Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 01:45:23 PM »
    Do you connect cable or wireless?

Remember that this is a different modem even though same service so the SSID and the Password will be different.

You will probably need to access the modem with a system via cable and configure it for you settings.
    "Confucius could give answer to that... unfortunately Confucius not here at moment."

wolfman

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 06:16:17 PM »
      How would I do this? I didn't see anything flagged in device manager. When I went to network settings and troubleshoot devices, nothing happened. Not sure where to go to configure modem.

Rustys

Intermediate

• Escaped Mental Patient
        • Yes
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 12:47:09 PM »
      You will have to connect via cable to the modem and open a browser window and type in the IP address of the modem.

From what I can find on the ATT site should be:

Type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar and press the Enter key to log into the modem's interface.
      "Confucius could give answer to that... unfortunately Confucius not here at moment."

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 05:38:15 AM »
      Did you try deleting the Network and re-creating it in Control Panel/Networks ? ?
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "