Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: connect two networks  (Read 2771 times)

k_mohsen

Topic Starter

Intermediate

connect two networks
    « on: May 28, 2016, 12:28:29 PM »
    Hello
    I am newbie in networking; so, I appreciate to guide me to solve this problem.
    I face to two networks; each one use TP-Link TD-W8960N (Wireless/ADSL /Router Modem) separately connected to internet. And clients that connect to TD-W8960N are PCs, MAC and tablets. Every device has their own local IP address. Ok, now problem begin. I want to connect these two networks.
    Is there any way to connect these two networks and create an Ethernet?

thanks

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: connect two networks
    « Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 01:25:26 PM »
    Why do you want to connect these 2 networks? To print on a friends printer or? Knowing exactly why you need to network these together we can assist better.

A VPN tunnel is best between 2 locations, but your going to run into issues if you want to truly bridge these 2 locations. Biggest problem with a bridge at 2 locations with the router modem at each end is that you will have DHCP running at both ends, and you only want a single DHCP or no DHCP at all. If you shut off DHCP and set to static IP's and made sure not to use the same IPs at both locations it could be done, but this is a really strange setup for home networking. A network with a bridge like this would be more apt to be installed in some business networking with site to site communications. I even was involved in a ethernet bridge connection between a food store chain and a small convenience store that was part of teh same company in which we rented a copper pair as (burglar alarm circuit) and created a private DSL bridge over Copperlink Modems between the 2 buildings that were 3 miles apart.

k_mohsen

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 11:04:12 AM »
      Thanks for your replay
      As I mentioned, there are many devices connected to these two networks and I want to create a share folder that all devices can access to it. I can create share folder for Linux and Windows but not working for MAC. Share folder for Windows and MAC but not working in Linux. Thinking about share folder for Tablets and Other devices make this problem bigger.
      I think local FTP is the best for this situation.
      I appreciate to any recommend and guide about bridging these two networks and also recommend for sharing folder.
      Thank you

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 12:57:13 PM »
      Easiest Solution would be cloud storage such as a Google Drive. All devices anywhere could access it and use it as a shared location. As well as you wouldnt be opening up both locations to security vulnerabilities. :)