Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: INVALID URL help  (Read 5189 times)

cracken223

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    INVALID URL help
    « on: August 06, 2016, 09:34:52 AM »
    Hi everyone I am really having a huge problem with my router right now, All over 1 site. My bank site, www.royalbank.com I just cannot sign into my bank at all through any broswer or computer/phone in my house, Everything on the site works fine but when i go to sign into online banking i get this error The requested URL "[no URL]", is invalid.

Reference #9.df2bf648.1470425576.7ff3378

I have tried EVERYTHING, flushing my dns, renewing my ip, upgrading my firmware on the router,changing my dns to googles,I couldnt even get help from someone who works at dlink which btw my router is a dlink DIR-816L. I just dont know what to do and I know its the router because when i plug my computer directly into my modem it works, Same with my phone if I use mobile data. I know nobody changed anything in the router because im the only one who has the password. The site worked before as we have had this router for about a year now and It just started doing this a few days ago. I really need help, here and if anyone knows anything that would be appreciated. I have also unplugged it and the modem for over 5 minutes and nothing. I set the router up myself from a video so its probably not set up the best but it works, I will reset it and redo everything if i have to but i dont really remember how haha so if anyone can help me i will love you thanks- ken.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: INVALID URL help
    « Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 01:58:05 PM »
    So multiple devices are getting same error?

Banks have had their systems crash before and give messages like this. Most banks have adequate support for banking. Have you contacted the bank yet to see if they can help?

cracken223

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 02:33:42 PM »
      Hello yes i did and they said everything is fine on there end

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 08:22:29 PM »
      I just dont know what to do and I know its the router because when i plug my computer directly into my modem it works

Sorry I just realized when I read this earlier and had someone talking to me at same time I didnt see this detail. So it is a router config issue from the looks of it. Do you have DNS set up in the router to point to static DNS addresses vs using the DNS that is provided by your ISP?  If so, set the router up to not have static DNS entries and instead rely on your ISP's DNS IP address to deal with DNS instead of your router providing redirection to an alternate DNS IP address server.