Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is that possible to fake a MAC Address ?  (Read 2560 times)

Ne[X]oR

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Is that possible to fake a MAC Address ?
    « on: October 24, 2016, 01:56:18 PM »
    Heya, I have a Modem which is now works as a Router & a Modem.
    I have a static IP, My ISP pulls up an IP address for my Modem MAC Address from my Internet infrastructure company everytime I start my modem, now I am planning to do such thing:
    I am planning to buy a TP Link Router, and call my IIC and tell them to turn the modem to an Invisible modem, so I can work free with my new TP Link, my question is, can I fake my Router's MAC Address in order to actually get a dynamic IP ?

Salmon Trout

Re: Is that possible to fake a MAC Address ?
    « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 11:46:54 AM »
    It may be possible, but it may also be against your ISP's terms of service. You need to check with them.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Is that possible to fake a MAC Address ?
    « Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 02:02:03 PM »
    I doubt the OP is being honest.
    When thee is a reason, the ISP will allow you to alter the MAC of a PC youth PC  or the router. This is a common practice. Alternatively your ISP can change there connection to use another MAC  to identify your equipment.

If the ISP is not willing to help, please provide some more information. Otherwise, your request looks like an attempt to violate the terms of service.  >:(