Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: making hp laserjet 100 m175a network enabled  (Read 2959 times)

ieesh

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    making hp laserjet 100 m175a network enabled
    « on: November 28, 2016, 10:43:33 AM »
    i have hp laserjet 100 m175a and want to make it network enabled as per somebodys suggestion i bought a tp link 110u print server but after two days i was informed it is not compatible any suggestions how i can make it wired or wireless network enaled

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: making hp laserjet 100 m175a network enabled
    « Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 03:49:21 PM »
    Share it through a computer that is connected to network is a method.

Doesnt have to be that powerful of a computer either. Looking at drivers they have drivers going back to Windows XP for this so any healthy computer Pentium II 233Mhz running Windows XP or faster/newer could work as a print server with shared printer tied to it. For best results I would suggest a Pentium 4 or newer with 1GB RAM for this application as for the computer needs to spool the print jobs and so better performance would be with a newer computer that is connected directly to this via USB cable and then shared for all others on network to use.

*Slowest computer I tested as a print server like this was a Pentium III 550Mhz with 256MB RAM running Windows XP SP2 on a 12GB HDD for a food store that needed to have the sign printer set away from the workstations and the USB/Ethernet Iogear Print Server wasnt working to well with large print jobs. Small print jobs worked but larger file print jobs the IOGear print server wouldnt work properly to pass the print task to the printer, it would start printing part of a page and then stop or not print at all with the USB/Ethernet print server device, yet putting this Pentium 3 system in place and idle connected to the network all print tasks printed perfect and at a good pace.