Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Osiris virus question  (Read 4567 times)

keen

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Osiris virus question
    « on: December 07, 2016, 12:10:36 PM »
    Hello! I'm new here and I want to ask you if you can help me with Osiris virus. This virus or ransomware infected my computer 2 days ago via misleading e-mail. Now almost all my files are locked and hackers demand 1.5 bitcoins for decryption. I've already tried different antiviruses and antimalware tools (Cureit, Adwcleaner, AVZ, Malwarebytes antimalware) but result is zero files decrypted. So I've used google and found this guide that promotes SpyHunter tool and assures that it will help me. But... this tool costs 50$ and on the other hand bleeping computer says:
    Unfortunately, there is still no way to decrypt Locky encrypted files for free.
    So I want to ask you it is any chance to decrypt files without paying bitcoins? Can this SpyHunter tool help me to recover my files or it is another way to lure money?
    Thank you!

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Osiris virus question
    « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 12:59:05 PM »
    The weird thing about that article is that the site itself has a page about a tool to decrypt files encrypted with locky here. Perhaps there is some difference in what that tool is able to unlock and more recent malware. The comments seem to suggest that there is a new "breed" that the tool doesn't work with.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.