Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Network errors  (Read 3975 times)

foxygrandma

Network errors
« on: January 25, 2017, 11:45:16 PM »

I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10.   I keep getting error messages like below.  In Services there must be a lot that are disabled but I cannot get into Services to correct the problems.

Network errors
Windows cannot access C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe

Windows cannot access C:\Windows\regedit.exe

Windows cannot access C:\Windows\system32\services.msc

an unspecified error occurred during system restore in safe mode.

When I go to system restore in Recovery in the control panel, I get System Restore could not start.

Any way I can fix this?   Thank you.  Anna Ruth

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Network errors
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 06:25:27 AM »
Have you run a virus scan and did it show any infections? Did this computer have a virus before this problem?

CMD.EXE
REGEDIT.EXE
SERVICES.MSC

Being broken would be a way for malware to keep you from going in and removing them. So Very interested in if you got hit with malware/virus.

Do you have the system recovery media set for this computer to rebuild it new from discs or thumb drive(s)?

foxygrandma

Re: Network errors
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 04:29:59 PM »
Have you run a virus scan and did it show any infections? Did this computer have a virus before this problem?

CMD.EXE
REGEDIT.EXE
SERVICES.MSC

I run a virus and antimalware scan every day.

Being broken would be a way for malware to keep you from going in and removing them. So Very interested in if you got hit with malware/virus.

Do you have the system recovery media set for this computer to rebuild it new from discs or thumb drive(s)?
No,  I do not.   No virus before this problem.   Thank you.