Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How much do you think this computer would sell for??  (Read 2464 times)

Nova30

How much do you think this computer would sell for??
« on: January 29, 2017, 03:31:51 AM »
I'm trying to sell my computer and build another one that will work good for CS:GO but I'm having trouble about how much I should sell it for.Here are the specifications: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/servicetag/JK97X12/configuration Any ideas?

Salmon Trout

Re: How much do you think this computer would sell for??
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 04:53:41 AM »
Ebay have one priced 180 UK pounds ($225), Core i3-4150 3.50GHz HDMI USB 3.0 8Gb Ram 1Tb Hdd

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 09:06:18 AM »
Looks like his has the weaker Pentium processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3240 @ 3.10GHz as well as only 4GB RAM

*Are you interested in possibly upgrading this system or are you looking to start fresh?

To me a system like this I could see selling in the $125-150 range. Shipping is going to be costly unless you can find someone local to buy it. Its too bad its not a i3 vs a Pentium. Do you know of any friends that might need a computer that you can sell to and help them out and get some money back from this without having to charge upwards of $30 for shipping and then hope its not drop kicked in transit.

You might want to see if you can get someone on craigslist to buy it maybe locally. Most are probably going to offer $100 for it, so $125 to $150 is if you hold out for the right person. Thing is that some of the Core i3 systems can be obtained around the $150+ range and so I dont see you getting much out of this system in a sale.

If interested in sticking with system you have now and performing a upgrade to video card for starters, you could get better performance and not take a loss on this system. The CPU is on the weaker side but I dont believe it to be the bottleneck in game performance for CS:GO, i think the performance issue your having is likely the integrated graphics.

Here are the CS:GO specs: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/counter-strike-global-offensive/11422

I use to buy and sell used computers and its a hard market out there for selling used computers as for the cost of the lower end computers has gone down so much that someone could walk into a Walmart for example and pick up a newer Pentium CPU computer in the $250-$300 range. Here is one for $269.99 for example. And used computers usually sell for about half what they cost unless something that holds its value with a better i5 or i7 CPU etc in which you might be able to get 60-70% of the cost of new for used. Additionally age of computer is a factor and their worth drops off pretty quickly each year and then come to rest in the $50-$100 range as demand is lesser and lesser and more of them then wanted etc. http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/inspiron-3252-small-desktop/ddcwst7102b?s=dhs&oc=ddcwst7102b&ST=pla&dgc=ST&cid=298726&lid=5704714&acd=1230980731501410&ven1=DDCWST7102B:51916301508:901pdb6671:c&ven2=:&ven3=812303017338117219

Nova30

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 05:27:12 PM »
Looks like his has the weaker Pentium processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3240 @ 3.10GHz as well as only 4GB RAM

*Are you interested in possibly upgrading this system or are you looking to start fresh?

To me a system like this I could see selling in the $125-150 range. Shipping is going to be costly unless you can find someone local to buy it. Its too bad its not a i3 vs a Pentium. Do you know of any friends that might need a computer that you can sell to and help them out and get some money back from this without having to charge upwards of $30 for shipping and then hope its not drop kicked in transit.

You might want to see if you can get someone on craigslist to buy it maybe locally. Most are probably going to offer $100 for it, so $125 to $150 is if you hold out for the right person. Thing is that some of the Core i3 systems can be obtained around the $150+ range and so I dont see you getting much out of this system in a sale.

If interested in sticking with system you have now and performing a upgrade to video card for starters, you could get better performance and not take a loss on this system. The CPU is on the weaker side but I dont believe it to be the bottleneck in game performance for CS:GO, i think the performance issue your having is likely the integrated graphics.

Here are the CS:GO specs: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/counter-strike-global-offensive/11422

I use to buy and sell used computers and its a hard market out there for selling used computers as for the cost of the lower end computers has gone down so much that someone could walk into a Walmart for example and pick up a newer Pentium CPU computer in the $250-$300 range. Here is one for $269.99 for example. And used computers usually sell for about half what they cost unless something that holds its value with a better i5 or i7 CPU etc in which you might be able to get 60-70% of the cost of new for used. Additionally age of computer is a factor and their worth drops off pretty quickly each year and then come to rest in the $50-$100 range as demand is lesser and lesser and more of them then wanted etc. http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/productdetails/inspiron-3252-small-desktop/ddcwst7102b?s=dhs&oc=ddcwst7102b&ST=pla&dgc=ST&cid=298726&lid=5704714&acd=1230980731501410&ven1=DDCWST7102B:51916301508:901pdb6671:c&ven2=:&ven3=812303017338117219
Thanks. Do you know a graphics card that would work for this build, is cheap, and would run CSGO at 60fps medium graphics?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 06:13:22 PM »
Wait your selling this PC ? ?

And you wanna buy a vid card to sell it ? ?
Im confused.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke

Sage
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 06:57:55 PM »
Wait your selling this PC ? ?

And you wanna buy a vid card to sell it ? ?
Im confused.

I suggested that the weak spot in their specs is mainly the GPU on this system and that CS:GO would run much better if they werent using Intel HD Graphics which is the integrated video. And so they could save money vs giving away this computer for next to nothing and having to build one from scratch. I unfortunately only have the original Counter Strike and not CS:GO so unable to test to give results on my hardware.

Knowing what they have for a budget would better pair them up with a video card for this. A nVidia GTX card would be best but that would come at a cost of a power supply upgrade + the video card. A GT card I am not sure if they would get 60fps with medium graphics setting. I have a GeForce GT 730 2GB 128-bit 700Mhz card and games similar to CS:GO I get 40-45 fps with 1280x1024 resolution on medium settings. The Benefit of a GT card is that they would probably not need a power supply upgrade with that computer so it would be the cheaper way to go.

The games minimum specs for GPU suggest a lower end card spec and a GT 730 would be above and beyond the minimum specs, but not having this actual game to test with a similar Pentium processor, I am unable to verify if 60 fps could be achieved with the GT card. Maybe someone here has CS:GO and a GT 730 or weaker GT card to say whether 60fps at medium settings is achievable.

Video card must be 256 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with support for Pixel Shader 3.0

A GTX card would be much better performance, but its then the price of the video card in the $120 range for starters and then add another $50 or so for a 500 to 600 watt power supply to handle the cards load with the 12 volt molex connections. For $200 or less this computer they already have could be upgraded to a GTX card and 60fps at medium settings very likely achievable although with a GTX video card, now you have to account for the bottleneck of the Pentium processor.

Its unfortunate that I dont have CS:GO to test with because I have a GT 730, a GTX 260, and a GTX 780 to test with and a Pentium class system of similar processing power and 4GB DDR3.

DaveLembke

Sage
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 07:04:38 PM »
Just found a GTX 750 ti that appears to (maybe) not require a power supply upgrade. No 12 Volt Molex requirement so its powered off the PCI-E slot alone. They could install this small GTX card and be off to the races with performance assuming the DELL computer has a 300 watt minimum power supply in it. The spec listing that is at Dell doesnt specify the power supply wattage. If its a 250 watt power supply then they would need a better power supply, but this video card calls for 300 watts minimum and you could get a 400 watt for around $40.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487024&cm_re=GTX_750-_-14-487-024-_-Product

Here is a test with the GTX 750 ti and current hardware... Looks pretty good but they dont share the frame rate at medium settings on the free account, premium service required to see some stats. Here is your system with the GeForce GTX 750 ti upgrade: http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=2323&game=Counter-Strike%3A+Global+Offensive&popSysReqRAM=4&p_make=Intel&p_deriv=Pentium+G3240+3.1GHz&gc_make=Nvidia&gc_deriv=GeForce+GTX+750+Ti&ram=4&checkSubmit=#systemRequirements

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 07:19:01 PM »
Gotcha Dave...now i understand...thanx.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "