Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB DRIVE  (Read 3253 times)

foxygrandma

USB DRIVE
« on: February 15, 2017, 01:23:49 PM »
Could not see how to answer.  So started new topic.  Local disk (C:)  DVD RW DRIVE (E:)
I did have a drive where I could read what is on my USB plugged into my computer.   But now I cannot read anything from it and the DVD RW DRIVE (E:) tells me to insert a disk.  Anna Ruth

Salmon Trout

Re: USB DRIVE
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 02:22:56 PM »
foxygrandma, do you really have to have that heavily political signature? It will be distasteful to many people. It is to me.

Sounds like maybe your "USB" died. They do sometimes. Did you mean a pen drive or memory stick? You could try it another machine to make sure.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 02:45:55 PM »
foxygrandma - I deleted your signature. This is a computer support forum that is populated by people from all over the world and from various walks of life. It really was out of place for this environment.

foxygrandma

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 02:58:17 PM »
foxygrandma - I deleted your signature. This is a computer support forum that is populated by people from all over the world and from various walks of life. It really was out of place for this environment.
Thank you.    I deleted it too and made it smaller.

foxygrandma

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 03:03:59 PM »
foxygrandma, do you really have to have that heavily political signature? It will be distasteful to many people. It is to me.

Sounds like maybe your "USB" died. They do sometimes. Did you mean a pen drive or memory stick? You could try it another machine to make sure.

Thanks for reply.  Do not know what a memory stick is or pen drive.  It says on it:  DTSE9 G2 USB 3.0 16 GB.  Do not have another computer to try it on.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 03:49:37 PM »
It's a pen drive/memory stick. They die sometimes. Try unplugging it and putting it back again.

foxygrandma

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 04:00:53 PM »
It's a pen drive/memory stick. They die sometimes. Try unplugging it and putting it back again.

Thank you, Salmon .    I have tried a a lot of times and it dos not work.   Getting tired now so will try again tomorrow.