Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bootloop  (Read 2463 times)

tomazi13

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Bootloop
    « on: February 22, 2017, 02:38:12 AM »
    Hello everyone!

I have a problem with my 6 years old computer. Everything worked fine until 4 months ago, when I had to replace PSU. I replaced it with old one that I have at home. Everything was fine until yesterday. Yesterday computer reboot by itself and now is stuck in bootloop. I can't enter BIOS setup, it shows only motherboard screen and then after 5 seconds reboot. Only I can do is to pres TAB (to show POST screen) and then I get only black screen without any numbers or letters. Beep code is ok, I have tried clearing CMOS, changed graphic card, unplugged all USB devices, tried PS2 keyboard, running with one RAM stick (usually i have 2x4GB). Do you have any other sugestions, what can be wrong?
    I have gigabyte GA-p55-UD4 motherboard, intel i5 750 processor, 2x4gb kingston ram, amd radeon 5770 graphic card, 250gb samsung ssd, 550w LC Power PSU.

Thank you in advance!

Salmon Trout

Re: Bootloop
    « Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 12:03:15 PM »
    Possibly old PSU was not compatible.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 12:10:05 PM »
    Good catch Salmon...
    Also according to the 1st 3 reviews i read LC PSU's are to be avoided...just sayin.

tomazi borrow a known good make PSU and swap it in there...you'll know overnite.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 12:50:39 PM »
    Low quality PSUs can have misleading wattage ratings, and voltages can sag at boot time, and components can deteriorate, especially if the PSU is operating near its limit. Maybe in the last 4 months the PSU has declined and is now terminal.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 03:10:08 PM »
    Seeing he stated it was a used unit it was likely already terminal...

I replaced it with old one that I have at home.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "