Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with Laptop  (Read 5144 times)

aaaabbbb

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Help with Laptop
    « on: April 13, 2017, 02:40:02 PM »
    So recently I reset my Windows 10 Lenovo Thinkpad laptop due to a virus. On startup, it stated the following:
    "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system.
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

So after searching, I decided to put in a flash drive with Windows 10. It looked like it was working just fine now, because the Windows 10 installation setup showed up. First was the language-time-keyboard screen, then the install now screen, then the product key window, then it asked me to select pro or home. After the contract, I originally chose "Upgrade: Install Windows and keep files, settings and applications" but this didn't work, because apparently the earlier Windows before the reset was gone. So then I tried "Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)", and this seemed to work for a while, until it just stopped midway through installation, rebooted, and opened to the same Windows installation setup.
    So then I went to the Install now screen and noticed there was a small option called "Repair your computer", which I selected. I chose troubleshoot, and then advanced options. System Restore, Startup Repair, System image recovery, and Go Back to Previous Build didn't work. I tried reset this PC, which at first seemed to be working, but now when I click on "Keep my files", it gives the message "The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again." Clicking on "Remove everything" yields the message "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing."
    So, there's nothing else I can do after this. I've tried everything I could think of. Please, if someone who actually understands computers reads this, help me.