Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ReVolt LAN Help!!!  (Read 12784 times)

Mitchem

ReVolt LAN Help!!!
« on: February 24, 2006, 01:16:20 PM »
Hi, ive just started playing Re-Volt again on the PC, and im trying to play the game over a LAN.  I set up a server then use another computer on the network to try and get a list of servers but the game comes up with the error:

'DPERR_UNAVAILABLE'

'Can't init DirectPlay connection'

'ok (button)'

I click ok and it brings up the previous menu again.

I am using version 1.10 of Re-Volt and the connection I have set the game to is 'IPX connection for DirectPlay', which it says to have in then manual for playing on a LAN.  I have also checked my firewall settings which are ok and have tried disabling it.  But now im out of ideas.

Your help would be greatly appreciated as this will be a fun game to play on a LAN!

Many thanks for your time!

Michael

T-Chai

Re: ReVolt LAN Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 04:39:05 AM »
Have you try to updating the game, like installing a patch or update your network card because the problem seem to be you or the hardware

Mitchem

Re: ReVolt LAN Help!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 11:18:20 AM »
Hi, I have got the latest version of ReVolt (ver. 1.10) and the latest network card drivers (20th February 2006).  But still comes up with the same error message  :'(