Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Replacing windows vista Spanish language version  (Read 4841 times)

cabra

Replacing windows vista Spanish language version
« on: August 19, 2007, 08:59:39 AM »
Could someone please advise me the best way to replace Spanish language version  of windows vista home premium with the English version?
I understand upgrading to Ultimate allows this , but would it be cheaper to buy the English version and how easy is it to install.
thankyou

haycg

Rookie

Re: Replacing windows vista Spanish language version
    « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 05:34:40 PM »
    Did you go to the Control Panel and open the Icon
    Regional and Language Options?

cabra

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 01:57:38 AM »
    Hi Haycg,
    Thanks for your reply. I have tried that and it doesn´t work. All the languages are listed
    but there is no difference when selecting them. I have been told once the preferred language is selected you cannot change it, the list is there, but something is removed
    in the process to stop you changing .
    Also I think you need to upgrade to Ultimate or higher to have this facility. I am trying to find the best solution.

Deerpark

Egghead
      « Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 04:34:22 AM »
      As far as I know you can't change the language of windows . I.e. if you buy a Spanish version, all menus are going to be in Spanish no matter what regional settings you choose. For example I've got an English version of XP, but my region and input settings are set to Danish. I still get all menus, help files, etc in English (the way I like it).

So again as far as I know (I might be wrong) you'll need an English version of Vista in order to get English. Although an English upgrade disc might work as well.
      « Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 06:13:54 AM by Deerpark »
      Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)