Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: this are my log files, somebody help me what to do after this?  (Read 4795 times)

vrusko516

Topic Starter

Rookie

this are my log files, somebody help me what to do after this?
    « on: December 09, 2007, 11:59:26 AM »
    I get an error message everytime i turn on my computer. the first thing appears at my desktop is,

SSCVIHOST.exe
    windows cannot find 'SSCVIHOST .exe'. make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.To search for a file, click start button, and then click search.

please, anyone.. im begging you, please help remove this error message? here is the scan logged at my computer.

[saving space - attachment deleted by admin]

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: this are my log files, somebody help me what to do after this?
    « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 12:16:41 PM »
    1. Print this post out, since you won't have an access to it, at some point.

2. Close all windows, except for HijackThis.

3. Put a checkmark next to the following HijackThis entries:

- F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe SSCVIHOST.exe

- O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1

4. Click on "Fix It" button.

5. Restart your computer in Safe Mode (keep tapping F8 key, when your computer starts)

6. Open Windows Explorer. Go Tools>Folder Options>View tab, put a checkmark next to "Show hidden files, and folders".

7. Delete following files/folders (if present):

Nothing to delete

8. Turn off System Restore:

- Windows XP:
       1. Click Start.
       2. Right-click the My Computer icon, and then click Properties.
       3. Click the System Restore tab.
       4. Check "Turn off System Restore".
       5. Click Apply.   
       6.  When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click Yes to do this.
       7. Click OK.
    - Windows Vista:
       1. Click Start.
       2. Right-click the Computer icon, and then click Properties.
       3. Click on System Protection under the Tasks column on the left side
       4. Click on Continue on the "User Account Control" window that pops up
       5. Under the System Protection tab, find Available Disks
       6. Uncheck the box for any drive you wish to disable system restore on (in most cases, drive "C:")
       7. When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be deleted. Click "Turn System Restore Off" on the popup window to do this.
       8. Click OK

9. Restart in Normal Mode.

10. Turn System Restore on.

11. Run HijackThis again, and post back its log back here.

vrusko516

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 10:50:47 AM »
      I follwed all your instructions except for nos. 6 and 7 where i skipped because  there is no folder options appearing on my tools menu on my windows explorer and  everytime i try to access to the folder options a message "restrictions" appear. so what i did right now is post this logfile.

[saving space - attachment deleted by admin]

Broni

Mastermind
        • Computer Help Forum
      « Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 06:54:10 PM »
      Your HJT log is clean, now.
      Are you still getting that error message?

I follwed all your instructions except for nos. 6 and 7 where i skipped because  there is no folder options appearing on my tools menu on my windows explorer and  everytime i try to access to the folder options a message "restrictions" appear
      In this case, it actually didn't matter, but I'm curious...Are you the owner/Adminstrator of this computer in question?

vrusko516

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 08:39:52 AM »
        thank you very much for your help... i really appreciate it, you did great!!! :)

Broni

Mastermind
          • Computer Help Forum
        « Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 06:19:44 PM »
        You're very welcome :)
        I assume, no more errors?

vrusko516

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 12:54:43 AM »
          well, as of this time, i haven't received any errors on my desktop.. thanks for your help...  :)

Broni

Mastermind
            • Computer Help Forum
          « Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 02:32:46 PM »
          I'm glad, it helped :)
          Stop by anytime.

vrusko516

Topic Starter

Rookie

can you please help me again?
            « Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 10:01:25 AM »
            hey its me again.. i've encountered another problem in my computer. please, help me remove the blank window on my desktop. it appears everytime my windows starts. the blank window is "cetihpz://errors/blank.htm"

Broni

Mastermind
              • Computer Help Forum
            « Reply #9 on: December 22, 2007, 11:19:59 AM »
            If you have HP printer, uninstall it, reboot, and reinstall printer's software.

vrusko516

Topic Starter

Rookie

hi.. again, i encounter another problem with my computer.  RUNDLL "error loading c:\WINDOWS\system32\tlilvaym.dll" "access is denied" I get this error message everytime my windows xp service pack 2 starts. please, help again solve this problem.. thanks... :)

Broni

Mastermind
                • Computer Help Forum
              « Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 10:53:47 AM »
              It looks like you're infected again.
              Post HJT log, please.

vrusko516

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 06:56:17 PM »
                 :( i think so.. but im very optimistic with your help again, i can solve this problem. what do you mean post hjt log? is it the one that i posted in the forum? the post that you have instructed me to do?

Broni

Mastermind
                  • Computer Help Forum
                « Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 07:32:59 PM »
                Print these instructions out.

1. Download SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users:
                http://www.superantispyware.com/

* Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
                    * An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
                    * If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here: http://www.superantispyware.com/definitions.html.)
                    * Close SUPERAntiSpyware.

Restart computer in Safe Mode.
                To enter Safe Mode, restart computer, and keep tapping F8 key, until menu appears; pick Safe Mode; you'll see "Safe Mode" in all four corners of your screen

* Open SUPERAntiSpyware.
                    * Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
                    * Click the Scanning Control tab.
                    * Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
                          o Close browsers before scanning.
                          o Scan for tracking cookies.
                          o Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
                    * Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
                    * Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
                    * On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
                    * On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
                    * Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
                    * After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
                    * Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
                    * A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
                    * If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
                    * To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
                          o Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
                          o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
                          o If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
                          o Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
                    * Click Close to exit the program.
                Post SUPERAntiSpyware log.

RESTART COMPUTER!

2. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html)  to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
                    * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
                    * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
                    * Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
                    * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
                    * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
                    * When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
                    * Post the log back here.

The log can also be found here:
                C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
                Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

RESTART COMPUTER!

3. Download HijackThis:
                http://www.snapfiles.com/get/hijackthis.html
                Post HijackThis log.