Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No audio after installing graphics card  (Read 2955 times)

Germund

No audio after installing graphics card
« on: November 25, 2008, 09:48:48 AM »
I have an HP Pavillion, Intel core 2 duo CPU E4500 @220GHz, Leonite-GL8E motherboard, 2 GHz RAM, running Windows Vista Home Premium.  The graphics and sound cards were built in to the motherboard.

I just installed an ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro graphics card. 

The Video aspect works great, and I have no problems there.  However, since installing the graphics card, I cannot get the sound working.  I have checked the device manager, and both graphics and sound claim they are working just fine.  There are no conflicts listed.

Speakers are turned on, and nothing will come out of either the speakers or the headphones (I've tried pluffing them into both the speaker headphone jack, and the computer headphone jack.)

I have checked the graphics card documentation, and can find no reference to sound issues.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing?

Germund

Re: No audio after installing graphics card
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 10:28:31 AM »
Another thing I just noticed is that in the "sound" tab in Control Panel, The "playback" tab only lists "Digital Output Device (HDMI)"  There is no listing for the speakers.  I don't know if it is related, but the screenshot I saw at ATI's support site shows speakers under the playback tab.

Germund

Re: No audio after installing graphics card
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 02:36:01 PM »
I ended up going into the BIOS and enabling the onboard sound card, and it works fine now.

Thanks for the help.