Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: bad image error  (Read 4724 times)

steven32collins

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Experience: Beginner
    bad image error
    « on: April 16, 2009, 12:41:51 AM »
    hi quite a wile ago my dad baught a computer and it all work fine but it froze one time and he punched it and then the computer woulodet turn back on so he threw it into his wardrobe and left it there then he baught a new one (and surprisingly he still got it)

so about 9 months ago i found it and said to me dad that i can fix it so he said if you can fix it you can have it soi opened it up cleaned all the dust out of it (i sware there was somin living in there)  AND I ALSO RECONECTED THE ON/OFF BUTTON and the reset button and plug the power transformer back to the mother board (it came of from him punching it and throwing it ) so now ive got it and so far it not working as soon as i got it it had a virus got rid of it wiped the computer and made the new accound bla bla bla... its been fine scince then until about 3 weeks ago internet exeplorer started bringing up error messages so i scanned thr computer and it found 14 viruses then i had to go to bed so i had to wait till the next morining to sort it out BUT it had erased my antivirus software  so i tryed going on internet do download it again but for some reason i couldent connect to the inter net so now i have had to wipe it again and its een fine for two weeks ago untill yesterday it started bringing up bad image errors for every program and also they came up on the welcome screen about 20 come up as soon as i log on all for diffrent programes one for sevices.exe one for avg.exe and so on bu i think its all to do with one file "WIKI.Dll" because that file always comes onto the bad image error here are some pics
    heres alist of some of them but they only show up one at a time (dome with print screen)

and another this is on the welcome screen

if anyone can offer any help plz do (other wise me dad is gona get rid of me computer (i cant live without it))       =]
    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
    --Albert Einstein--

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: bad image error
    « Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 04:09:48 AM »
    Apparently, wiki.dll is associated with a virus, so head over to the Virus and Spyware baord, read the information posted here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html, and then post a new topic with the 3 logs.

steven32collins

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 04:25:59 AM »
      well i scanned it and there was no virus then it had a major breakdown so i had to restore it (me lost all me stuff :( )then i installed my programes again then it did it again so i restored it this morning and installed evrythin except ie8 and it seams to be working fine
      Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
      --Albert Einstein--

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 02:45:48 PM »
      As kpac said, your computer is most likely infected.
      There is no single AV program, which will pickup all bad guys.
      Using system restore on infected computer makes things only worse.

Read here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html
      Start new topic here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html
      Do NOT post any logs in THIS thread.