Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error Code 2753 and MSI.dot4wrp  (Read 18163 times)

S_Bowers56

Error Code 2753 and MSI.dot4wrp
« on: May 31, 2009, 07:33:45 AM »
Hi, I have an HP All in one with an error code of 2753 and MSI.dot4wrp. It all started when I tried to print a document I worked on for about 5 hours. It printed Backwards, I printed a diagnostic page it worked fine. I tried to print after the diagnostic and still sdrawkcaB! I don't remember where I put my software disc, so I dowmloaded the full package from HP, then dumped my software in hopes to reload with a better outlook on printing. I have been to the Set Printer Preferences several times in the past and this condition keeps poping up, so I thought I would take the time and fix it right this time. I get to the 5th step in the installation and fall flat on my face, why?

tbernstein

Re: Error Code 2753 and MSI.dot4wrp
    « Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 04:10:26 PM »
    OK. There are various steps on the HP site that might possibly help. BUT, my experience of this recently, is that the (awful) HP software needs to be manually removed from your system, registry and files, before it will accept any reinstall. It may work after just removing the files in the system32 folder, that's worth a try.
    You may find that these system32 files can't be removed in Windows. I had to boot in Linux and then navigate to my windows32 folder.
    Which is probably also the explanation. The install operation made these files impossible for the HP uninstall operation to remove, or the reinstall to overwrite.
    Any file starting  HPq HPx or HPz  needs to be hunted down and killed. And the registry entries.
    HP software is awful!

Terry

rayder75

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 10:13:14 AM »
    After spending countless hours on the phone with tech support and following everything i already did on the HP support website tbernstein finally gave me a solution that worked.  I did everything you said and was able to finally reinstall my hpj6480 printer with all functions.  I believe my error code of 2753 and MSI.dot4wrp were due to the recent updates I kept getting from HP for the printer.  everytime i downloaded an update my printer kept losing some of its functions.  so i decided to uninstall than reinstall but everytime i did i kept getting the stupid error code of 2753.  Even after doing the suggested level 3 uninstall from hp I still found all the stuff you said that were in the system32 folder and in the registry.  The uninstaller HP RECOMMENDS DOES NOT CLEAN THE SYSTEM32 FOLDER OR ALL THE REGISTRY VALUES.  YOU MUST DO THEM MANUALLY IF ALL OTHER ATTEMPTS AT REINSTALLING YOUR SOFTWARE FAILS.  I deleted all files starting with hpq, hpx, and or hpz in both areas, rebooted computer, reinstalled software package downloaded from hp and than POW, a fully functioning working printer ;D  You did what tech support could not do.  they are very good at giving you links to the hp website on how to correct the problem but no ideas outside of that.  Any way thanks.  It was a long process to get rid of the registry codes but it was easier than being online or on the phone with tech support :P

peter-22

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 05:29:00 AM »
      Hi All
      I am having this same msi.dot problem ,,even after uninstallatinon  of my NEWc4480 printer I have found these hpq files but should I delete all hpq HPq HPQ etc files/hpz,,,,,,/hpx???? the same .
      I must agree HP support is rubbish ,and i have spent hours trying to sort this ,when the cd rom should contain all you need !!
      I ask this question because Im operating on an Hp laptop and I am worried some hp files belong to the computer!!