Software > Computer viruses and spyware

Here is my malwarebyts ant-malware and hijackthis log files

<< < (3/5) > >>

CBMatt:
If you haven't done that already, you could try replacing the system files and then see if ComboFix will run properly.  To replace the system files, simply open up your Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del), click on Processes, and end the spoolsv.exe process.  Then go to this folder:
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\

Copy spoolsv.exe anduserinit.exe and paste them into C:\WINDOWS\system32.  When asked if you want to replace the existing files, say Yes.

Go back to the i386 folder and copy explorer.exe, then paste it into C:\WINDOWS.  When asked if you want to replace the existing files, say Yes.

Not the best method, but it might help.  You can then try running ComboFix again and see if you get better results.

Or if you have another computer, you can hook your hard drive up as a data drive and scan it this way.  Just be aware that it is possible for some infections to spread this.  Most can't, but there are some that can.

I know nothing has been working so far, but there are still options available if you're willing to work at it.  If not, then try to back up as much as your important personal data (documents, pictures, etc.) before reformatting.  Also, you could try running a repair install of Windows, but that only has a slight chance of working.

alyoob:
You wont believe what happened to my computer when i did the destructive recovery and  reinstalled all the programs that I use on my computer. When i finished installing all the programs I got an explore.exe run error message memory cannot be written then i  found out that the Trojan or virus came back and it was sitting on my desktop. I immediately went to computerhope.com help section and went on the chat area asked them about the problem and what steps i took, I told them I did the destructive recovery and i still have the virus or trojans on my computer they told me about an online scanner by microsoft that detects virus malware etc. The scanner by microsoft is called Protection Center - Windows Live OneCare safety scanner. They also have a phone number that you can call for help on viruses it is free . Anyways I did the scan which was advised before calling them. when the scan finished it detected 4151 items viruses and trojans. The program execute the cleanup process then deleted the 4151 detection  successfully. I called them up and they checked if there was any addition stuff on my computer and they found one program and they deleted it. Now I believe that my computer is ok . There is no errors like before when i start my computer it is fine . But when I installed mcafee on my system and did a quick scan it found 4 critical items. I then restarted my computer and did the quick scan again and it did not find anything else . Now to make sure that I do not have the virus again I am executing a full scan.  What should I do next to make sure that the microsoft online scanner and the mcafee scanner have detected all viruses or trojans.

harry 48:
Windows Live OneCare safety scanner , this is good to have and use every 2 weeks ,

CBMatt:
alyoob, that's great to hear.  I'm really glad you finally managed to get something to work.  As you know, you had quite a bad infection!

One of the most effective ways to help keep yourself virus-free is to have a good firewall.  You're vulnerable without one, so you should look into getting either ZoneAlarm, Kerio Personal Firewall, or Comodo.  They're all good free firewalls.  Just be sure you only have one installed at a time!  Download the firewall of your choice, disconnect from the internet, disable Windows Firewall, and install your new firewall.

Also, it's very important to scan with your anti-malware programs every couple of weeks, as Harry suggested.  If you keep your scans regular, you will be able to prevent these infections from getting so bad and spreading all throughout your computer.  And of course, if you ever have anymore problems, you can always come back here for help.

alyoob:
I am not sure that the virus or trojan is completely gone yet I scanned with mcafee and it seemed to find some stuff that the other scanner missed. Is there a way to completely know if the virus or trojan is patching itself to other locations. I am also using Windows firewall. The vius was mostly on my recvovery drive d that is where the 4151 Trojans were found with the microsoft online scanner. The mcafee scanner found them also on the d drive 124 items. Is it enough to only scan my computer using mcafee

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version