Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer got raided with a lot of malware and now problems persist  (Read 2899 times)

vernanonix

Topic Starter

To make a long story short, I somehow managed to get bombarded with many forms of malware included trojans, worms, dialers, rogue programs, spyware, and so on all at once that somehow managed to slip by my Kaspersky Internet Security and disabled it or deleted it or something.

Of the most prominent problems, I had "Security Tool" and "Windows System Defender" (which I'll call WSD) install themselves on my computer. Supposedly, they're gone. I manually found Security Tool in my computer via a shortcut icon it placed on my desktop and after running a-squared, WSD's shortcut is now gone, leading me to think it left too. But I still have a number of problems.

The most recognized at the moment are:

1) Kaspersky doesn't start when I reboot.
    2) I cannot boot in Safe Mode.
    3) Task Manager will not open.
    4) Last I checked, I had a Trojan attached to explorer.exe and more in other places.
    5) A-squared and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (which was supposed to be for WSD) have broken shortcuts and Spyware Doctor (which was for Security Tool) will not run. A-squared did run yesterday but the shortcut is broken today.

Currently, I have my computer disconnected from the internet and the rest of my home network. Does anyone know where I can start t untangle this disastrous string of malware?

And since It's probably necessary to know, I'm running Windows XP on that computer.

Helpmeh

Guru

• Roar.
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Computer got raided with a lot of malware and now problems persist
    « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 12:50:45 PM »
    Please go to http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html and post the 3 required logs or an expert will be of little help for you.
    Where's MagicSpeed?
    Quote from: 'matt'
    He's playing a game called IRL. Great graphics, *censored* gameplay.

vernanonix

Topic Starter

Re: Computer got raided with a lot of malware and now problems persist
      « Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 10:01:43 PM »
      I tried all 3 programs with the following results:

1) Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware runs for about 4 seconds before terminating. I click the shortcut and it tells me I cannot access it.
      2) HiJackThis has similar results as mwab.
      3) SUPERAntiSpyware fully scans my computer and gets to the quarantining phase. I reboot and try to start the program and it disappears yet again.

In other words, I am incapable of obtaining logs by the means listed in that thread you gave me.