Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Acer Aspire Bios not recognize hard drive or dvd  (Read 3061 times)

Nomad108

Topic Starter

Starter

Acer Aspire Bios not recognize hard drive or dvd
    « on: December 13, 2009, 04:34:26 PM »
    Hello.
    Have an Acer Aspire 5100, which periodically ( much more as of late) will not boot, and going to the bios to look at stuff, the Hard drive and the dvd drive are not even mentioned... other times it will just boot normally. have windows 7 on this one.
    already tried many things ( re-install windows, install another windows, change HD, flash bios, re-seat processor etc) lately out of desperation I found out by sheer coincident, that if I bend the laptop a little ( thous bending the mobo), it will recognize all, and start just fine. as long as I hold it this way it will work, as soon as I release it, it will freeze and die on me.
    already opened all panels, and looked if there were any cracks on the mobo, but none were discovered.

BTW for some reason the bios says this is an aspire 3100, and the body, and sticker says it is a 5100...
    I also looked up to sell it on e-bay and see at least 5 of them sell as is for the same exact reason...
    any one has any idea's?,
    anyone can help before i get rid of it? :'(
    Thanks.