Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help!!!!!!!!!! Blue Screen showing (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA)  (Read 4649 times)

scott

Topic Starter

Starter

My wife was shutting down her computer and it started installing updates and shut off. When she turned it back on. It started up and went to the inconvenience page where you can go in to safe mode or start windows normally screen. It wouldn't run in safe mode. Anything I select it goes to this blue screen that says:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

STOP: 0x00000050 (0x8872A990, 0x00000001, 0x804F35D7, 0x00000000)

Shows this for a second and shuts down and restarts all back over again. Her computer is a Toshiba satellite P105-S6104.  Window XP Media Center Edition 2005.

Thanks for any help!

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Help!!!!!!!!!! Blue Screen showing (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA)
    « Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 01:06:44 PM »
    1) Go to System Properties - Advanced - Startup & Recovery Settings and uncheck "automatically restart.
    2) Download and run a memory testing utility - let's see if your ram is okay.

scott

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 01:42:50 PM »
      Hey Allen,
      Where can I go to download memory testing utility? I have unchecked the auto restart.

Allan

• Mastermind

scott

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 03:44:53 PM »
        I'm going to have to try and download it to a memory stick from another computer. As you can tell Allan, I don't know much about a computer so bare with me but how am I going to get it to run a her computer if I can't run computer in safe mode?

Allan

• Mastermind
        « Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 03:49:28 PM »
        You will download a .iso image of the memorty testing utility (ie, memtest), burn the image to a cd with a .iso burning utility and boot to that cd. You will not be booting to the hd. You'll need to make sure the cd is the first device in the bios boot order.

scott

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 07:29:12 PM »
          Allan I found the Recovery and Application CD. I did like you said and changed the booting order and it run the cd. Took about 1.5 hrs and set computer back to default settings. Lost what she had on it but it's back up and working.

Thanks so much for your help!

Allan

• Mastermind
          « Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 07:39:42 AM »
          Well, okay - but if I were you I'd still check out the memory.