Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ePSXe  (Read 3774 times)

EEVIAC

ePSXe
« on: February 14, 2010, 09:52:27 AM »
I just inherited an original Play Station console with a whole bunch of games.

I used ePSXe before but I had to download the bios plug-in for it, which I guess is illegal, maybe someone can give me more info. on that..   Anyway, I'm now in a position to dump the image into my own file and use ePSXe legally now...

Games I have are: Medal Of Honor, Beyond the Beyond, Syphon Filter, Mission Impossible, Road Rash, Allied General, Agile Warrior FIIIX, Gunship, WCW/NWO Thunder, ESPN 2 Extreme Games, TOP GUN Fire at Will!, NFL Game Day, Descent, Star Wars Demolition, 007 Tomorrow Never Dies, and Final Fantasy 8 minus one disc  :(

I probably won't do it right away though, got too many other things to do at the moment..

paries669

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: ePSXe
    « Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 01:44:40 PM »
    I'm not too sure on this one, it's been a while since I played with the emulator, but I'm pretty sure I read that if owned the console and the games  that it was not illegal. Roms and emulators were like a back-up I  guess if your game got scratched or conole took a *censored* on ya
    greetz  jonny

Frejoh466

Hopeful

• Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: ePSXe
    « Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 10:22:23 PM »
    I'm not too sure on this one, it's been a while since I played with the emulator, but I'm pretty sure I read that if owned the console and the games  that it was not illegal. Roms and emulators were like a back-up I  guess if your game got scratched or conole took a *censored* on ya

Then you read some incorrect info. It's illegal to download Bios, you have to extract them on your own from your console.

Click here to get how to dump Bios
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein