Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor won't maintain display  (Read 2044 times)

The Bubba

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• BIG BLUE HEAVEN
  • Experience: Familiar
Monitor won't maintain display
« on: February 17, 2010, 09:07:11 AM »
Due to not having a screen saver, I began turning my monitor off when leaving it. Now when I boot up or sometimes even when it's running, it won't show a screen. I have to power it down and back up several times to get it to maintain a screen display. After I do, it stays on 98% of the time until I power it down. is my monitor showing signs of going on the blitz? I have checked for current drivers and they're good. Sleep mode is not enabled BTW.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Monitor won't maintain display
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 09:10:51 AM »
Sounds like the display is on its way out. For future reference, DO NOT turn the display on and off multiple times during the day. The worst thing you can do to any electronic component is continually power it on and off. Instead, just set the display (and hd) to power down after a defined period of inactivity (Control Panel - power options). Doing this is better than using Sleep, Hibernation, or a screen saver.

The Bubba

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• BIG BLUE HEAVEN
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Monitor won't maintain display
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 09:18:38 AM »
I started leaving it alone and reinstalled a screen saver after the problem showed up but it still does it when booting up the computer.