Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help With My Career  (Read 7552 times)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Help With My Career
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 09:04:49 AM »
... However, you are a computer engineering student, correct? In India. I don't know much about the Indian military system ...

Neither do I, but if it's anything like Canada's, their "firearms" largely consist of super soakers and water balloons. However, since they use the open sewer that has become the ganges river to fill up their "firearms" it actually proves to be at least mildly irritating if you get any in your eye, much like lemon juice. Ahh, the war stories.

Private Tom:Dear God... they... they've got SUPER soakers!

Sergeant Richard:Oh dear gawd we're doomed! All we have are these little spy water pistols! they're so cheap they don't even have a separate tank! It's awful <sob>... and the caps always break off!

Private George: We're running out of towels... this is awful... if we run out of towels, people will have to wait slightly longer to dry out in the sun! *goes on hands and knees* It's a hopeless war that will only end up in ruined leather outfits... I still have nightmares about my suede jacket...

Colonel Will: Pull yourselves together men! We may not have the ordinance, but..... well, we don't have the ordinance, but we have plenty of dirt that we can kick in their eyes! That will reduce their accuracy somehow! I saw it in an RPG so it must be true!

Private Tom: Say, I have this small crystal, do you think it increases my luck attribute?

German soldier: This is for the Kaiser! *shoots dirty water at allies* And this... THIS is for the rye! *throws a waterballoon that lands harmlessly on the ground without popping*.

private Tom: Oh dear gawd this undistilled water is causing my eyes to be slightly irritated and uncomfortable for a short period, I find this most unpleasant... OH DEAR GOD MY LEATHER JACKET!

And the end result of that war? Well, the Geneva Convention make clear some basic rules- you may ONLY use pure distilled water, and if you run out of distilled water, you must wage war by throwing packing peanuts at the enemy.

Some may wonder why this post isn't serious. Well, the_mad_joker has been asking people "why so serious" so I figured it only appropriate to demonstrate why in one of his threads.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

the_mad_joker

Topic Starter

Apprentice

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 10:18:11 AM »
    Well Thanks For Your Help All Of You  8) I Will Now Try To Join Military Instead

TOPIC CLOSED

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 04:00:26 PM »
    I don't believe they can take you at 12 years old...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 04:02:10 PM »
    I don't believe they can take you at 12 years old...
    ;D

MP_doc

Rookie

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 11:22:22 PM »
      I'm so glad I set down my cup before I read that "Super-Soaker" comment... otherwise I'd be wiping coffee off the monitor! (BTW, we really did have super-soaker wars over in Kosovo before some officer got mad and made us stop.)

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 12:37:17 AM »
      I Will Now Try To Join Military Instead

You'll have to cut your hair...

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"

cintari

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 05:14:14 AM »
      Well Thanks For Your Help All Of You  8) I Will Now Try To Join Military Instead

TOPIC CLOSED

you do that, you'll get eaten alive, but just GO FOR IT!