Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Viruses, Trojans,etc.  (Read 4390 times)

spock

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Viruses, Trojans,etc.
    « on: February 20, 2010, 08:26:08 PM »
    It has long puzzled me about the mindset of these people who write malicious programs for the computer. I know that a good many of them are to steal information. Most of them probably originate overseas out of the bounds of our law. Then, I think many of them may be the mentality of a high school prankster
    saying "Look what I did-look what I got away with!".
    Some may just hate computers and are trying to screw things up for everybody else.
    What are your thoughts?
    "It's always something!"-Gilda Radner

melissa522

Rookie

Re: Viruses, Trojans,etc.
      « Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 09:25:04 PM »
      Hello Spock

Well, my best friend has informed me today that my email has been hacked, as "I" have been emailing out v i a g r a ads! I have no idea why someone would need to use my email to tell my personal contacts about v i a g ra. /shrug

It must be fake v i a g r a anyway; I don't think the real company would approve of that type of behavior.

Melissa

P.S. sorry if I'm not supposed to mention the "V" word, as it was being censored. Just trying to tell my story.

spock

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 08:00:07 AM »
          I was just thinking...there is ONE good thing that comes out of all of this...
        these people that write these antivirus programs will always have a job. They
        won't need "a stimulus".
        Administrator...your input? :)
        "It's always something!"-Gilda Radner

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 08:13:55 AM »
        You might find this discussion enlightening: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,100027.0.html