Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: dos, win98,win xp based plc programm runnuing on vista  (Read 2477 times)

vk_rathi

dos, win98,win xp based plc programm runnuing on vista
« on: February 19, 2010, 12:50:56 AM »
hello everyone
i need help to run the cnc- plc developing programme on vista operating system.pl. note that these cnc prog are on dos, win98 and win xp based. i thing to run these program on Vista some setting is required in setver, config.sys and ansi.sys files.

[email protected]

email addy removed to prevent SPAM.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 06:40:37 AM by patio »

jkolak

Hopeful
    Re: dos, win98,win xp based plc programm runnuing on vista
    « Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 01:34:54 PM »
    Vista still has these 3 files for backwards compatibility.

Is there any reason why you have not been able to just install the program normally like you would under XP?

If it doesn't work, you can right click the program for the Properties box and set the compatibility mode for XP or 98.

If neither of those work, then you would have to try something like VirtualBox to run XP or 98 under Vista.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: dos, win98,win xp based plc programm runnuing on vista
    « Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 05:23:58 PM »
    No NT OS supports the Autoexec.bat, config.sys. Only 32-bit editions have the 16-bit "setver" program.

it does however have autoexec.nt and config.nt for DOS-based applications. The setup program probably created a autoexec.bat and config.sys file in the root of the system drive; simply copy or cut the contents of these files into your autoexec.nt and config.nt files. (or if there are no .nt files simply rename them)
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.