Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Good bye Linux  (Read 3586 times)

kiddo1972

Good bye Linux
« on: February 21, 2010, 04:49:21 PM »
I've tried all i possibly can with Ubuntu, Mint, Slax, and Fedora. it is not for everyone.I've had dual and tri boot set ups. I've tried them in the VM Player, I've ran them as a live CD from a CD and from a USB drive. If you understand XP or Vista and you have no problems with either one of the two, stick with what you know and more important than that, what works. Windows works completely. There are too many things missing in Linux and too many things that don't work. I know it is free, but still, my gosh, how much grief can a man take before it is time to give up? I tried for about six months. Like I said before, it is not for everyone. Good Luck all future Linux Distro users and God Speed.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Good bye Linux
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 05:13:28 PM »
Windows works completely.

Ok that's just plain silly. It works for you. and Linux doesn't- alright.

For a lot of people, Macs work for them, and Windows doesn't. For a lot of people Linux works for them, and windows doesn't.

A race has more then one competitor, and there is never a clear winner.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Good bye Linux
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 11:06:44 PM »
What kiddo1972 said was his personal observation. And it is a valid correct observation from his perspective. He is OK with Windows and he really did try Linux.

As for me, I spent a lot of time with Linux about 12 years ago and really did try. But after awhile I went back to using Windows for my day to day use. Still there are a few things I do in Linux that are more difficult in Windows.When I need to check out a failing PC, it is easier to pop in a Linux distro and see what happens.

My favorite now is Puppy.
http://www.puppylinux.com/