Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: bypassing an old network log in and password  (Read 2827 times)

kimlam

bypassing an old network log in and password
« on: February 24, 2010, 06:29:00 PM »
I have  computer that was set up on a network.  I now want to use it as a stand alone at home.  I get the log in screen and since it's no longer attached to the network I cannot get past the log in screen.  I've tried using "administrator" as the user name and leaving the password blank as well as using the administrator password from the old network.  I cannot get past this screen.    I have all the discs that came with the computer.  Can I somehow reinstall the operating system? Or wipe out the network settings? ???

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: bypassing an old network log in and password
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 06:31:50 PM »
Laptop or desktop ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

jaydeee

Rookie

• Windows XP Drivers
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: bypassing an old network log in and password
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 04:29:20 AM »
I just cannot remember what is the field at the bottom of the login screen. but that is where you select where to login selection are "local computer" and "domain" you have to select "local computer" then use your admin password.

By the way if you have all you installation CD then I would suggest making a new install... this is also good because it will make your system fresh again :)

I hope that helps...