Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Graphics Problem  (Read 4387 times)

Sakuth

Graphics Problem
« on: July 03, 2005, 06:00:50 PM »
I have a problem with the graphics or something when i got to play a couple of games. I have just reinstalled Age of Mythology and when it gets to the menu screen it is flashing with blue and red lines and is all scrambled. This also happens when i go to play Day of Defeat.

I have updated the drivers for my graphics card and it didn't make a difference.

This doesn't happen at any other time, only with those games.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Graphics Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 07:00:05 PM »
Alright, so you have the latest drivers... Have you been keeping up with Windows Updates? Have you looked for game patches on the game manufacturer's website? Have you made any changes to your system lately?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »
    Gotta be careful with updating drivers, DON'T update them from windows update, go to the video site.
    Windows update will only roll them back.

Sakuth

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 09:41:17 PM »
    Yeah windows is all upto date and i also updated the game after i installed it. I also updated the drivers from the manufacturer's website.

I did have a problem recently with a file called nv4_disp in that my computer kept on resetting itself while on the net, but after installing new drivers it hasn't happened again.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 01:18:06 AM »
    [ I did have a problem recently with a file called nv4_disp in that my computer kept on resetting itself while on the net

Doesn't sound right.

AVG Free
    -- Anti virus scanner
    Adaware SE Personal
    -- Anti spyware scanner
    Microsoft Antispyware
    -- Anti spyware scanner. Windows XP Home and Professional only.
    Spybot Search & Destroy
    -- Anti spyware scanner
    ZoneAlarm Free
    -- Free firewall - more user friendly
    Sygate Personal
    -- Free firewall - more configuration options
    « Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 08:44:34 AM by Raptor »

Sakuth

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 05:13:35 AM »
    A search of the Nv4_disp problem had revealled that it was something to do with the graphics card/drivers for NVidia Geforce4 MX 440, but since I  cleared that up awhile ago this new problem occured.

I use AVG Free, Adaware personal, Spybot and Zonealarm Free and all these show my system to be clean.

I've tried adjusting some of the settings, including lowering the acceleraion setting but I am at a loss.

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 08:45:34 AM »
    You may wish to reinstall your videocard drivers.

Use a program such as Driver Cleaner to remove previously installed drivers.