Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Application cannot be executed. The file xxxxxx.exe is infected. Do you...  (Read 3104 times)

barn

Topic Starter

...wow what happened there? My message just disappeared.
     As I was saying in my original mail, I have been getting the above message and have tried to follow some of the advice given to others who have had similar problems...I just get the same messsage (different verb.exe) every time.

I will add a bit more information, see if there is anyone who can help.
    I get ballons at the bottom of the screen saying "Windows security alert - Windows reports that the computer is infected. Antivirus software helps to protect...'
    I get a message box that says 'Security warning Application cannot be executed. The file xxxxxxxxxxx.exe is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now?'
    I have tried installing HJT and a2Free but just seem to get the same messages, I even tried running them from in a CMD session. No joy.
    I need help.
    Can't tell you how much I want to hear from people.
    « Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 12:11:43 PM by barn »

d34thp1ng

Rookie

Re: Application cannot be executed. The file xxxxxx.exe is infected. Do you...
      « Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 12:14:48 PM »
      It appears that your computer has a issue with a virus, Please visit and follow the links and instructions provided in http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

barn

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 01:19:13 PM »
        I am new to all this so I have written a reply because there was no 'Modify' button on the original.

I am trying to follow the advice given in the link, but everything seems just to create the 'Application cannot...' message.
        I have tried 'rkill' and the message that appears in the log is "Processes terminated by Rkill or while it was running:

"
        So I assume it didn't work and I got the 'Application cannot...' message.

unarmedmaster

Rookie
          « Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 01:50:53 PM »
          if you can, try booting into safemode and attempt to do some scans from there. Avast is a good AV that can schedule a boot time scan wich is very effective. Spybot is very similar with its boot scan.

Broni

Mastermind
          • Kraków my love :)
            • Computer Help Forum
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »
          State your issues at malware section and they'll help you out.