Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trying to get original search back  (Read 3626 times)

gerette

Trying to get original search back
« on: July 04, 2005, 12:42:04 PM »
Howdy.  I just downloaded Adobe Reader 7.0 from cnet.com downloads and I now have  an Adobe/Yahoo search bar that has taken over my original search of google with the little doggie on the bottom.  I went to control panel and deleted this; rebooted and shut off.  This is no longer listed in my programs but the bar is still there.  Can anyone help me restore the original search engine on Internet Ex.  6?  Thanks so much and please keep advise simple/concrete.   ???

merlin_2

Re: Trying to get original search back
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 12:51:45 PM »
type this in the run box  rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance and chose repair ie

gerette

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 04:27:14 PM »
Merlin, my system is not recognizing this when type in the run box.  :-[

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 04:33:47 PM »
Are you using win98/me?      .........i thought everybody used the fisher-price winxp ;D

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 04:46:19 PM »
You must look away each time Windows ME loads, Merlin..

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2005, 04:37:47 AM »
And you have never noticed the horrible loading menu with the letters ME smudged next to Windows? It looks like my 12 year old niece had an epileptic attack while she was finger painting.

merlin_2

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2005, 11:45:50 AM »
http://www.wilderssecurity.net/bhblaster.html  that should help restore ie back to normal........