Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer freezes after a few minutes  (Read 3833 times)

Sergio

Computer freezes after a few minutes
« on: July 05, 2005, 02:14:54 PM »
Every time I start my new computer up, it will freeze after a few minutes.  Sometimes it takes longer than others.  It took a bunch of tries until I got lucky enough for the Windows XP installation to finish.  But having Windows set up does no good if it'll freeze after a few minutes anyway.  Does anybody know what can cause this and how I can get it fixed?

The computer was bought off eBay.  I've been emailing them, but they haven't responded with a solution.

merlin_2

Re: Computer freezes after a few minutes
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 02:39:18 PM »
more info.........on system specs....make model help as well.......hanging/freezing........does it beep on start-up.....display a blue screen with writing on?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 02:39:57 PM by merlin_2 »

Sergio

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 06:45:21 PM »
Everything works properly until it freezes.  It boots up fine, and there's no blue screen, it just freezes.  There's always this loud buzzing sound coming from the fan though.. could that be the problem?

Foxconn P4 800FSB Motherboard
Intel Celeron 2.8 CPU & Fan
512 3200 DDR RAM 184 pin
3D Sis 128 MB Real 256E video graphics accelerator

tell me if there's anything else you want to know.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 07:33:35 PM »
    Gus13....Is this pc "New" or just new to you.

Did it come with the operating system installed or did you install XP ?

Did you check to see if the "buzzing noise" was being caused by a wire perhaps hitting the fan ....

let us know

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.