Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Strange activity on my CH account??????????  (Read 3369 times)

tpolcha

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    Strange activity on my CH account??????????
    « on: March 03, 2010, 06:38:49 AM »
    1.  Why am I receiving email from CH about status changes from discussions we've had years ago?  I'm afraid to open the emails I've received today and yesterday.

2.  Why when I link up to the CH site am I already logged in?  I typically use the 'stay logged in' check box option when I'm expecting a reply. 

3.  Yesterday and today; when I clicked my desk top CH icon, I did not have to log in to generate this forum.  I did not write yesterday (didn't have the time), I am writing asking for help today. 

4.  Profile info; I want to change my user name and email address.  How Do I go about that?

5.  I hope I am not over reacting; we've been friends for along time.

Anxiously awaiting a reply

Tom

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Strange activity on my CH account??????????
    « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 06:47:06 AM »
    1.  Why am I receiving email from CH about status changes from discussions we've had years ago?  I'm afraid to open the emails I've received today and yesterday.

Nathan (the administrator) moved a whole bunch of topics in the windows forum to make it better organized.

2.  Why when I link up to the CH site am I already logged in?  I typically use the 'stay logged in' check box option when I'm expecting a reply. 
    Don't know. I never use the "stay logged in" button but whenever I visit I'm logged in automatically- This is Firefox's doing I believe. IE has a similar feature, too, I think.
    3.  Yesterday and today; when I clicked my desk top CH icon, I did not have to log in to generate this forum.  I did not write yesterday (didn't have the time), I am writing asking for help today. 
    Same as Above, methinks.

4.  Profile info; I want to change my user name and email address.  How Do I go about that?
    Click the "profile" button on the forum toolbar- (this appears below the "Hey, Username you have etc messages ..." text)

In the right hand box, click "account related settings"- this will allow you to change your E-mail address.

If you want to change your username you can either Message the administrator (Computer Hope Admin) -or hope me notices your thread here, or you can simply create a new account with the desired nickname.

5.  I hope I am not over reacting; we've been friends for along time.
    I think your being a tad paranoid, really. And I didn't even know we met!  ;D  :P
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

tpolcha

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 06:56:55 AM »
      Well, as long as I'm only a tad bit paranoid, I can live with that.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 07:01:55 AM »
      Well, as long as I'm only a tad bit paranoid, I can live with that.

yep, you haven't ventured into crazy territory so your safe  ;D

Now when you start fitting a tinfoil hat over your mouse... that's when you need professional help.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

tpolcha

Topic Starter

Hopeful
        « Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 07:18:56 AM »
        Obviously it is time for this thread to close.  Thanks for all your help.  ;)

With pun intended;.... you might want to share the "tin foil mouse cap" fitting procedures you're privy of. 

Thanx again