Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: TCP/IP missing  (Read 2116 times)

Suek

TCP/IP missing
« on: July 06, 2005, 12:28:51 PM »
Sorry this is long, I think you need background info. I have a base computer with a wireless router. I have a second desktop computer and a laptop both connected wirelessly to the base computer.  (although they are not set up to share, another problem entirely!) All 3 computers use windows XP, I have a high speed cable connection.  When I am not at home, I use my cell phone as a modem to connect to the internet.  On occasion, while visiting family in NH, I use dial up  :'( .  This has all been working fine, until last night. I got back from using the dial up, and now I cannot connect to the internet via my wireless laptop.  It says I have an excellent signal. When i look at the status, then look at the support, it lists the address type, IP address, subnet mast & default gateway all as <unavailable>.
I am thinking this is my problem??
So I guess my question is: first, IS this my problem? and secondly, how/where can I find this information then where/how do I put it?
Thank you for your help!

merlin_2

Re: TCP/IP missing
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 01:13:08 PM »