Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Got a new laptop and old software not working...  (Read 2775 times)

aces67

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Got a new laptop and old software not working...
    « on: March 02, 2010, 06:52:00 AM »
    I had a Toshiba laptop with Vista and we were able to play Scrabble on it just fine. I got a new Toshiba laptop with Windows 7. I tried installing the same Scrabble disk- which I own the original. My disc is the brand new in box untouched disk that I bought at Sam's Club and not a copy and it won't work. It gives me this message instead:

PLease insert the original disc instead of a backup (4001).

Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=copy&c=4001 for more detailed information.

When you go to that link it just tells you how to send an error report to secure rom which I did but they never got back to me. I also called Best Buy which is where I bought the laptop and the guy said he had no clue:(

Any idea how to fix this so it will work?

truenorth

Guru

Re: Got a new laptop and old software not working...
      « Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 08:03:48 AM »
      Generally software includes a reference to the system requirements for it's use.What is stated about the operating system requirements for that program?truenorth
      P.s. Even though the Win 7 may not be listed as a useable O/S often the manufacturer of the software will have a driver update available on it's web site. You might want to check on that possibility.

Zac

Rookie

• Iron Man
        « Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 07:53:16 AM »
        You might also try compatibility mode. Right click the icon, click properties, then compatibility tab. Try something like vista or XP or something. Be sure to apply, or it won't change. Hope you get it fixed! ;)
        Zac

TulsaRose

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 06:26:18 AM »
        Aces, have you run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter?http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows.  It may get your Scrabble game working on your new Win7 puter.

Rosie