Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to copy files from Nero.  (Read 3762 times)

DylHole

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

How to copy files from Nero.
    « on: March 06, 2010, 01:30:54 AM »
    I am trying to get nero on the newer computer. The old computer has nero on it, but the setup file is not there, i am wondering how to copy the program onto a usb and then place it on the new computer. I have copied all nero files but they do not work, they need .dll files. Thanx

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: How to copy files from Nero.
    « Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 07:12:14 AM »
    You cannot copy a program from one computer to another. You need to have the original installation file or cd and do a new install.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 07:25:12 AM »
    CDBurnerXPro is a fine burning app...and it's FREE.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 11:34:56 AM »
      As a previous user of Nero software and a current user of CDburnerXP I can state that it is a great improvement over any Nero software. http://download.cnet.com/CDBurnerXP/3000-2646_4-10409086.html
      truenorth
      P.S. I do not know what if any differences exists between cdburnerxp and cdburnerxpro.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 12:32:05 PM »
      They are the same...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DylHole

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 04:43:56 AM »
        thanx :D

DylHole

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 05:03:04 AM »
          when i insert the DVD-R disc into the cd rom, CDBurnerXP does not recognise it, reading the same "no disc" message in the bottom left hand corner of the window. My computer is capable of reading both CD's and Dvd's what am i doing wrong?

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 09:27:17 AM »
            If as you say "when i insert the DVD-R disc into the CD ROM" it is no wonder it does not see a disc. A CD ROM drive CANNOT see a DVD disc of any kind. truenorth

DylHole

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 10:14:48 PM »
              sorry im not as nerdy as you  :D

into the dvd rom

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 07:52:06 AM »
                I hate to again be so "nerdy" but a "DVD ROM" drive cannot "burn" unto blank DVDs of any kind either. It is only intended for "reading" DVD disc's. Do you actually have a DVD-RW drive in your computer? With no disrespect "words" do have meaning.truenorth

DylHole

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 05:31:25 PM »
                  perhaps not :o

how would i find out....

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 07:33:27 AM »
                    Well the 1st indicator that you do have one (a dvr-rw that is) is the answer to the following question:
                    Have you ever at any time been able to "burn" a DVD using that optical drive?
                     Sometimes you can read from the front visible panel of the drive as to what it is. For instance the 2 optical drives i have on this computer one has dvdrw/r (that is a burner) the other has dvd rom (that is only a reader). If you cannot determine it from that manner then you can go into your device manager via "control panel-system-harware-device manager-cd/dvd drives-open the tab and see what is described there.If it is not readily apparent from what is described do a google search on exactly what is listed and it will tell you what they are. If you still have any information that came with your computer or the drive it will also tell you there. As well you can download and run Everest free scan and it will tell you everything that you have within your computer. http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
                    This can be usefull in the future when you are asked to describe something about your computer. It will also help you to become more knowledgeable about it. goodluck,truenorth