Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Lenovo G450  (Read 7076 times)

Pirate1207

Topic Starter

Rookie

Lenovo G450
    « on: March 07, 2010, 01:06:45 AM »
    We bought a lenovo G450 and install windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2. We just downloaded the drivers from lenovo web site. but we have a hard time installing sound and video driver. In the web site it has two drivers for the video the Intel Onboard Graphics Driver and the NVIDIA Display Driver. We want to install the NVIDIA display diver but there is an error saying that there is no drivers supported. We have downloaded the MS .net Framework 3.5 and install in the laptop but there is no improvements. same error appear on screen every time we install the NVIDIA driver.

Please help.. hope to here from you....

EEVIAC

Re: Lenovo G450
    « Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 01:15:48 AM »
    Use the link.. Under "chipset" download and install the Intel Chipset driver for Windows XP.  Then try installing the other drivers again..

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=370748

Pirate1207

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 01:59:08 AM »
      thank you for the reply sir but we already download the chipset and all other drivers in that web site before and the same problem we encounter. Is there any video controller for that NVIDIA that i need to download? because in the case of the audio i can not install the audio driver right away. what i did is download first the audio controller in the G400 because we can not see any controller under G450. we already search other lenovo model but we fail.

EEVIAC

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 02:48:51 AM »
      Where did you get the Windows XP installation disc?

Is there any anti-virus installed?

Look in device manager, and see if there are any yellow exclamation marks. Right-click on the device with the error, select properties, and post what the device "status" is..

Pirate1207

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 03:17:38 AM »
        Nop, we didn't see any yellow exclamaition in the device manager. We just install the intel graphics accelerator as of now but we want to install also the NVIDIA display driver. We believe that it would enhance more the display of the lenovo G450 laptop when we play games. Am i right? compared on using the onboard intel graphics display. That's the main reason why we would like to install the NVIDIA display driver. Or is this lenovo G450 laptop has other display card aside on the onboard display jut like the PCs

EEVIAC

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 12:47:03 PM »
        Getting the driver directly from nVidia might be better.  Use the link, click on the "driver and downloads" tab, and see if nVidia will scan your system and give you the latest driver for your nVidia hardware..   I'm not a huge gamer so I couldn't tell you if Intel's Accelerator hardware would be better than nVidia's..

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_g105m_us.html

Pirate1207

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 06:46:09 PM »
          I already tried your suggestion to visit the nvidia web site and let them scan our laptop.  But the result is this " The manufacturer of this system requires that you download the drivers for your GPU from their support site". As i've said we already downloaded and install all the drivers from their web site for windows xp but same problem we encounter.

EEVIAC

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 07:09:04 PM »
          Update your computer to Windows XP serv. pack 3, and try again..

Pirate1207

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 07:12:11 PM »
            Does it mean i need to re format again the laptop sir? or can i download the service pack 3? can you give me a link.

EEVIAC

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 07:29:26 PM »
            Run the Windows Update utility under the START/All Programs menu, select "custom" and it will search for all available Windows updates for your system.  Select Service Pack 3, download and install it..   Make sure you get all the latest security updates as well...not sure if Service Pack 3 includes all those, but I think it does..

You don't have to reinstall Windows or format anything..

Pirate1207

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2010, 09:13:44 PM »
              I already downloaded and install the service pack 3 in this lenovo G450 model 20022 but after i run the NVIDIA setup, same problem i encounter. Or is there really other video aside from the intel onboard graphics driver with this lenovo G450 model 20022 laptop?

EEVIAC

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2010, 10:56:48 PM »
              I don't know what else to recommend other than contacting Lenovo for support..