Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why is an assemblhy binding issues not allowing Connectify to run?  (Read 3592 times)

Mr.Gump

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Thank you for taking the time to look at this. I am totally stumped. I seem to only have this issue when trying to use "Connectify". Connectify is a windows 7 only program that allows you to create a Wifi access point using software and Windows 7.

I also noticed that when I boot my computer the system resources go extremely high until i kill the Connectify process.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

p.s. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the software but that did not help and neither did a system restore. I am not sure if this helps, but I had been messing around with the 'programs and features' and the 'turn windows features on and off' tabs in the control panel. All i turned off and then turned back on was the Windows 7 search function, but it is back on now.

[Saving space, attachment deleted by admin]

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Why is an assemblhy binding issues not allowing Connectify to run?
    « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 09:20:54 AM »
    That software is still a BETA....
    They have a Forum though...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mr.Gump

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 09:22:36 AM »
      That software is still a BETA....
      They have a Forum though...

Yes I know it is BETA but its vouched for by soooo many reputable places that its not really an issue I think. I did not know they had a forum though, thank you for that info.

Mr.Gump

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 09:24:00 AM »
        where do you see the forum link?  ::)

Mr.Gump

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 03:34:54 PM »
          Problem solved! WOOOOPEEE!

Fix:

I went into the ""Turn Windows Features on and Off" and enabled "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1" and now Connectify works!

Thank you soo much for giving me the .NET info to go on. I knew it had to be something I did in the "Turn Windows Features on and off" section.
          « Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 03:46:13 PM by Mr.Gump »