Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bluetooth Speaker Icon keeps vanishing  (Read 2907 times)

Anthony

Topic Starter

Bluetooth Speaker Icon keeps vanishing
    « on: March 11, 2010, 08:17:23 AM »
    Hello from a newbie.

I have a Sony bluetooth speaker SRS-BT100. which worked fine with my Sony Laptop when I had Vista installed. I have recently upgraded to Windows 7, and now every time I want to use the speaker I have to remove it from Devices & Printers, and then reinstall it.

When I reinstall the speaker, it appears in the Sound - Playback window, and at the same time the Bluetooth speaker window opens allowing me to click on connect, and link the speaker to the Laptop.

However when I have finished listening , and close this Speaker Connection Window , the speaker icon vanishes from the Sound-Playback window. I then have to remove the speaker and reinstall it, next time I want to use it.

In Vista the speaker icon was permanently located in Sound - Playback, so I could set it as default or select it every time I wanted to use it.

How do I get the Speaker Icon to remain permanently in Sound Playback

Advice would be much appreciated, Thank you, Anthony

Anthony

Topic Starter

Re: Bluetooth Speaker Icon keeps vanishing
      « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 12:37:47 PM »
      Further investigation makes me think my ignorance may have confused the issue.

It is now clear to me that if I break the bluetooth connection by either switching off the power to the speaker, or closing the Laptop , then there will be no automatic connection when I next try to play some music.

Also the speaker icon in " Sound .... Playback " will be missing, until I remove the speaker from" Devices & Printers " and then put it back using "Find a Device"

All will then work ok, until the next  time I break the bluetooth connection between Laptop and Speaker/