Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CMOS will not identify all the hard drive in boot sequence  (Read 2997 times)

trimarco52

Topic Starter

Rookie

Hi Everyone,

My CMOS batter failed and after installing a new one and entering CMOS in order to make my computer boot up on the right drive (I have 3 hard drive and two of them are for back up, which one has complete operating system)

My Computer did recognize ALL the hard drive on the first page of my CMOS but when I went to the page for boot up sequence of hard drive it only shows ONE hard drive. (Which is the wrong one because it showed my back up hard drive only.

My motherboard has both Serial SATA drive and EIDI, which I have for ports four SATA and two for EIDI, and my new 1TB is SATA and the others is EIDI.

I tried taking out the CMOS Battery while the computer was unplugged and put it back again but had the same result of only where on the first page it recognizes all the Hard Drives but on the boot up sequence page only one of my backup EIDI hard drive with operating system.

Since I did not know how to correct this problem I just disconnected my EIDI cable and it then will but up on my SATA 1TB hard drive.

The following is the information on my computer system.

Compaq Presario SR1800NX Desktop PC

Product number
    EW211AA
    Introduction date
    28-Feb-2006
    Country/region sold in:
    ·   US
    ·   Canada
    Hardware
    Base processor
    Celeron 346 (P) 3.06 GHz  (I upgraded to Pentium D 805, clocked at 2.66 GHz ) also updated the bios
    ·   533 MHz front side bus
    ·   Socket 775
    Chipset
    ATI Radeon Xpress 200 for Intel Processors
    Motherboard
    ·   Manufacturer: Asus
    ·   Motherboard Name: P5RC-LA
    ·   HP/Compaq motherboard name: Agena-GL8E
    Memory
    Component   Attributes
    Memory Installed   512 MB (1 x 512)
    Maximum allowed   2 GB (2 x 1 GB) requires the replacement of the installed 512 MB DIMM
    Speed supported   PC2-3200 MB/sec

I thank you  in advance anyone that can help me !

Sincerely,
    Steven F. Trimarco