Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Reviving the dead  (Read 6763 times)

truenorth

Guru

Re: Reviving the dead
    « Reply #15 on: March 05, 2010, 10:06:42 AM »
    For whatever benefit it may serve.Here is a link to the manufacturer of your computer. Given that you have replaced parts with identical parts (of course we cannot know what may have been altered prior to you getting it) it may help you to compare what is now in it with what was originally in it. truenorth
    http://www.mscwells.net/

Sirwhinesalot

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 01:32:54 PM »
      THAT site did not tell me anything.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 01:35:30 PM »
      ...I am not useing anything that originally was in it. ...
      Too many variables, so it's time to start over.   Your goal is to get to the BIOS and see it on the monitor.  You need only power supply, motherboard, cpu, cpu fan, 1 RAM stick,  keyboard, graphics card (unless it has onboard graphics).

Sirwhinesalot

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2010, 01:57:40 PM »
        I have tried almost everything i know.  Which is not much.     I would believe that the graphics card is on the motherboard.  i dont ever remember seeing one in any of the 4 open slots.      I pulled everything off at one time it still beeped.     

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2010, 07:54:59 AM »
          What the site i gave you DID tell you was :
          1.Who your computer mfg. is.
          2.Where they are.
          3. Most importantly how to communicate with them.
            The latter might be helpfull if you want to try and ascertain what was in the computer ORIGIALLY (given you are not the original owner and cannot be sure what changes have been made to it). Particularly important as from your original post YOU have NEVER yet seen it running properly. I personally would be very interested to know what the original RAM modules were. The ones you replaced were not necessarily what was 1st in it. truenorth
          P.S. I just went back and examined the manufacturers web site again and as i went further into it. Something you too can certainly do. I found that by advancing to the "Shop now" page a great number of their computers,etc are able to be accessed. If you see your model amongst them you can further go deeper and get a full description as to what it contains (including ram.chipset.etc.etc.)
          « Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 08:19:33 AM by truenorth »

Sirwhinesalot

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 10:50:29 AM »
            I only have the power supply  mother board cpu and fan,  a keyboard and mouse attached. still have green light on the face to show its on but still beeps. 

Sirwhinesalot

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 06:09:41 AM »
              Much to my dismay, I believe you gentlemen are right. The used motherboard i bought is no-good. And with much patients  I cannot get a response from the person I bought it from.  My next coarse of action is to find a working one, or do you recommend  sending the original  out for a repair. Or can anyone of you repair it?
              Thanks