Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Exporting data from outlook  (Read 2393 times)

marcfields

Exporting data from outlook
« on: March 18, 2010, 04:31:20 AM »
I want to transfer data from an specific map in an excel sheet. I know I can export it simply by hitting file>Import & export.

But when the data is exported, i can't see in excel the date of receiving and sending of the emails. It's only possible to write the following data in excel:
- subject
- body
- From
- To
- CC
- BCC
- Billing information
- catergories
- Importance
- Mileage
- Sensitivity

Is there a way to also write the date data of the emails of the specific map in excel?

Thanks in advance
~Marc

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Exporting data from outlook
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 07:29:18 AM »
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I don't believe you can export date data to Excel.  But, I just discovered that importing Outlook data into Microsoft Access includes date data.  Again, I just learned this, so I'm not completely familiar with some details of how to control, or if you have any control over, what gets imported.

Anyway, the procedure is to open Access, create a new/blank database, and then select File|Get External Data|Import, and select Outlook() in the Files of type box.

Once you get this data in to Access, it an easily be exported to Excel if you prefer working with Excel.

I'm working with Office 2003.