Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please help with Geforce 9800 gt 1GB  (Read 1968 times)

BadPhil

Please help with Geforce 9800 gt 1GB
« on: March 18, 2010, 11:38:18 AM »
Hi.

I have some problems with my GeForce 9800 gt 1GB.It seems that it causes my pc to crash totally.
It mostly happens when I am playing games,at about +- 2min of game play the display would make
lines of all colours and the sound go into a loop.After a few secs the pc would then restart.If I manually
restart the pc by holding in the power swich,the screen displays random characters and appears to be
pixelated.I then then need to wait a few minutes before booting the pc in order for it to work.I have checked
my gpu tmp and it seldom goes over 60C.I have tried different ram sticks,an gigabyte cpu cooler,adding card fans
to the system and even going back to windows xp.But nothing works.I now replaced the graphic card with
geforce 9300 and it works flawlessly.I have a 550 watt psu.I have read somewhere that the 9800
have a tendency to cause motherboards to overheat.I have Asus P5N-D mother board.
Any help would be appreciated.

Philip
Ps sorry for my bad English...