Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer doesn't recognize the printer  (Read 2029 times)

srose

Topic Starter

Rookie

Computer doesn't recognize the printer
    « on: March 18, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »
    My computer:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.2oGHz, 2.0 GB RAM, Radeon 9200 series graph card, MS Windows XP Professional SP3.

I run:

Microsoft Security Essentials up to date and runs each night
    Online Armor firewall runs and no programs blocked
    Spybot search and destroy with tea timer up to date and nothing found
    Secunia has all programs up to date

My Printer is a cannon multi pass F30

I have been posting in the virus and malware form. Super Dave and Evil Fantasy have instructed me in getting my computer so that it is not infected any more. Everything seems to be working well except for one thing now.

I can not print anything. When I try to print a box pops up and says that the printer is not recognized. It tells me to go to the service applet and start MPService. This program is supposed to automatically start up when booted, but each time it doesn't. I go into the service applet as instructed and start the MPService, and then I right click on the status monitor to reconnect the printer and still the box pops up and says the printer is not recognized and to start the MPService and right click again.

I have tried to restart the MPService many times
    I have logged off many times and tried everything again many times
    I have restarted the computer many times and tried to do everything over again.

This has been going on off and on for awhile. Last night it was doing it, but finally after restarting the computer it printed, but when I went to use it this morning it says there is no printer connected. I have even disconnected the printer from the computer and reconnected it and restarted it.

Please help as I need to use my printer.

Thank You in Advance for any help that you can provide,
    Sean

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert

srose

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Computer doesn't recognize the printer
      « Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 08:59:10 AM »