Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how to clean/erase video memory?  (Read 3791 times)

daniellm18

how to clean/erase video memory?
« on: July 08, 2005, 02:11:06 AM »
Hi, I have an HP Pavillion notebook zd7380us with windos xp media center edition, with a grafic card nvidia geforce fxgo5700 128mb dedicated memory, while playing games the screen crashes/updated all drivers, still problem persist, then I got some white dots and vertical lines on my screen every time I turn the computer, I have clean the HDD repair and reinstall the OS, Update the BIOS, even use killdisk,(all this as instructed by HP total care, still got the same problem even the dots and lines on the BIOS screen and on the DOS screen, when every time I enable the drivers for the display the computer screen goes black and crashes, I can only log in on safe mode and disable the display driver, only then I can log-in in 'normal' windows. but without being able to use the benefits of this grafic card. some one say that there is kind of garbage on the video memory.....so that is the question, if it is possible,  how can I clean or erase the video memory? or defently is a hardware problem and have to send it to repair. Thank you in advance for your advice.

merlin_2

Re: how to clean/erase video memory?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 03:33:00 AM »
Does this happen if its on for a while??place the laptop off the surface sits on<laptops tend to overheat> place wooden blocks underneath it ,to see if it helps!

Run a graphics test type dxdiag in the run box......and how much ram has this laptop got!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 03:33:49 AM by merlin_2 »

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 03:09:07 PM »
    Video memory is ram, it doesn't get garbage so forget it.
    It won't be drivers because you have the problem in bios.
    My money is on hardware.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 04:52:17 PM »
    First of all, do the following:

1. Clean excessive dust from the hardware installed
    2. Firmly reseat all hardware present.

If you have reformatted the Hard Disk Drive, and the problem persists even during reformatting the hardware is to blame. if the problem persists after Windows detects your videocard, your videocard may be to blame.

daniellm18

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 02:09:28 AM »
    Thanks to all of you,
    I guess I guess I have to sent it to be checked, good thing still is under warranty.
    I do apriciate your time,
    Thank you.
    Dan.