Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CD and DVD drives not functioning  (Read 2442 times)

tom davis

CD and DVD drives not functioning
« on: July 08, 2005, 01:11:03 PM »
Both my cd drives (Empirex 16x DVD-RW and my Sony CD-RW CR140E) have packed up.
Apparrently the drivers are corrupt or something. iv been to the manufactures websites,but there are no drivers available. i go onto device manager and click on the drives and this message appears; Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39).
I cant re-install the drives because they are on a CD and there are no drivers on the web.
I mean ,whats going on?! ??? They worked a couple of days ago!
I would appreciate help, because i cant use any of the drives at the moment. THANKS! :)

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: CD and DVD drives not functioning
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 01:18:35 PM »
Which operating system are you using? Have you made any changes to your system recently?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Dr Wahab

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    « Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 01:47:49 PM »
    Hi friend...try this one. Disonnect all the CD and DVD drives from your PC's motherboard and turn your PC on. When it compealty booted, goto device manager and ensure that everything is okay and fine. Now shut your PC down and reconnect your CD and DVD drives. Be sure to make one drive MASTER and other as SLAVE. Now turn your PC ON again. I hope that this will atuomatically load the drivers for CD and DVD drives. Actually CD and DVD drives which are connected internally, do not need to update their drivers and thats why there are no drivers on WEB site also. These are standard drives. I hope that you are getting my point. Okay take care of you and others and be happy.
    DeW
    do take care of you and others

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 01:51:53 PM »
    Simply remove the devices from device manager and restart the computer. They may be automatically installed or you will be prompted for the Windows CD.