Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cookies not saving on any browser  (Read 3373 times)

cng885

Topic Starter

Cookies not saving on any browser
    « on: March 26, 2010, 11:52:23 AM »
    I have done intense research and still not have found a solution. Heres the deal:

My macaffee license expired. Since I have TWC, I downloaded their free antivirus(Which is terrible). This made my computer so sluggish I had to system restore because I couldn't uninstall because I was having .0001 fps.(Exagerated).  I then worked my way to AVG and downloaded that. I still have that and it works fine. I noticed that none of my cookies were being saved in any browser(Chrome, IE, Firefox). Any suggestions? I have tried for month to fix it and have not come up with a solution.

Specs:
    Vista Home Premium SP2
    Dell XPS 420
    Intel Core 2 Quad 2.33 GHZ
    32 Bit
    4 GB of Ram

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Cookies not saving on any browser
    « Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 03:24:01 PM »
    What other protection apps do you have ??

AVG from what i know does not randomly block/delete cookies...

Note: Good move getting rid of TWC's package though...are you sure it's gone ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

cng885

Topic Starter

Re: Cookies not saving on any browser
      « Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 05:45:43 PM »
      Nothing besides the basic firewall pre-installed.  I just did a system restore to a date before I installed the TWC package then installed AVG. Could it be issues in the registry? I tried the Macaffee uninstall tool just to make sure I got completely rid of macaffee.

To no avail.